Our 40-acre facilities include the following:
- Ten identical, four bedroom homes. Currently, three of our homes house up to eight younger children and their house parents. Two of our homes serve as “aging-out” houses for adolescents 17 and older that are in our transitional “Pasos” program. The other five homes are used for full-time staff and mission team housing.
- New Path Christian School (Colegio Cristiano Tape Pyahu): an elementary, middle, and high school dedicated to serving the children of Hogar El Camino as well as the surrounding community. The school includes a full, functioning kitchen, a computer lab, library, principal’s office, teacher and student bathrooms, and eleven spacious classrooms. We hope to build a multi-purpose pavilion for events in the future as funds are available.
- Missionary Housing: lodging located on campus that allows us to host short-term mission teams as well as interns seeking 3, 6, and 12 month service opportunities.
- Multi-Purpose Building: used for track and field events and maintenance storage.
- Event Pavilion: used for church services and events in the children’s home.
- Administrative Facilities: including multiple administrative offices, additional guest suites, a medical and dental clinic, counseling office where children from Hogar El Camino receive weekly counseling by a licensed psychologist, and a social worker’s office where our licensed social worker meets with children and their biological families in cases where families have visitation rights.
- Vocational Opportunities: a fully equipped professional bakery, a working farm (with cattle, pigs, fish ponds, and chickens), vegetable garden, and other agricultural endeavors (honey bee hives and citrus groves) allow hands on vocational training that fits the cultural context. Through our on-site bakery, all bread used at Hogar El Camino is produced on-site.
- Recreational Facilities: a regulation soccer field, basketball and volleyball court, track, and playground provide ample opportunities for the children to play and develop.
New Path Christian School